Sunday, March 23, 2008

I can't quit smoking...


mehn!! it hit me sooo hard that i cant help myself thinking on how to quit smoking but i cant!! anyone who wants to help?? lols... everyone's told me to quit. i realized it's bad for my health, but i just can't seem to quit!

ive heard that smoking damages health (im tired of hearing it). my mom was once a smoker.. thats why she keeps on tellin me that Nicotine does have a euphoric effect which makes people feel better in the short run. As in all addictive drugs, this effect decreases over time, and increasing doses are needed to obtain lesser feelings of well-being. Smoking also provides other side benefits which are real. These are some of the other reasons it's hard to stop. its really hard to stop!! Smoking can be the "relaxation" in times of discomfort. And difficultto stop when things are going poorly.. i tried nicotine patches but it doesnt work on me.. grrr.. well to all those who wants to start smoking.. please dont!! please... hahaha


why bother quitting now?
here are the benefits but dont want to talk about it!! haha


In 20 Minutes:
Blood Pressure and Pulse return to normal
Temperature of hands and feet returns to normal
In 8 Hours
Carbon Monoxide levels are already back to normal
In 24 Hours:
Your chance of Heart Attack has already decreased significantly
In 48 Hours
Smell and taste return toward normal
Walking becomes easier
In 2 Weeks - 3 Months
Circulation improves
Lung function can increase up to 30%
In 1 - 9 Months
Coughing, sinus congestion and shortness of breath decrease
Cilia regrow in lungs, increasing the ability of the lungs to resist infection
In 1 Year
Your risk of heart disease is one-half of what it was one year ago.


in 3 months time you'll see.. my lungs are free!!! hahhaa!!

No comments: